Budget Consultation Sessions
Each year, SFU develops a budget that takes all of the university’s needs into consideration. This is a big task, and to do it well, we need to hear from our community.
Attend a consultation session to learn more about the budget considerations for the upcoming year, help us determine priority concerns, and add your voice to the conversation. All campus sessions are open to faculty, staff and students. Additionally, we host a dedicated student consultation.
Consultation session dates and locations
October 2, 2019 | 12:30-2:00pm
Surrey Campus: Open to faculty, staff and students
October 29, 2019 | 10:00-11:30am
Vancouver Campus: Open to faculty, staff and students
October 29, 2019 | 2:00-3:30pm
HC 2270 (Sauder Industries Policy Room)
After consultation sessions are held, the feedback received from the sessions will be considered by the President and the Vice Presidents. Budget allocations are then distributed to departments, after which detailed departmental budgets are developed. This activity takes place between November 2019 and January 2020. The budget is then consolidated and submitted to the Board of Governors for their approval at the March 2020 meeting.
Highlights of the proposed 2020-2021 budget:
- Our annual operating grant from the government continues to include funding in support of the Surrey campus expansion
- Domestic tuition and student fees are capped at 2%
- The Province has continued to provide an increased funding level for routine maintenance to address aging infrastructure
- Enrollment remains relatively stable
- Options related to tuition fees will be presented
Do you have questions or need more information?