In preparation for our in-person return to campus, Burnaby campus banking services previously offered through the Bookstore Accounts office will be transitioned to the Finance Banking office. The following changes to Burnaby campus banking services take effect July 1, 2021 and serve to minimize cash handling and contact between staff in consideration of current COVID-19 safety protocols, while also aligning petty cash procedures across our three SFU campuses.
Burnaby campus banking service inquiries after July 1, 2021 should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bookstore Accounts office will not handle petty cash and departmental deposits after this date.
Petty cash custodians will submit approved Petty Cash Reimbursement Request forms and Payment Requisitions to email@example.com.
Banking will review and approve the Petty Cash Reimbursement Request form and Payment Requisition and forward to Payment Services for processing. Payment Services will issue a cheque payable to the custodian for cashing and disbursement as petty cash. Custodians are responsible for withdrawing these funds from their bank account for petty cash use. The petty cash cheques will be routed through the department.
Note: In an effort to reduce physical cash handling by staff, the use of SFU commercial cards (CCards) for incidental purchases is strongly encouraged. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have existing petty cash on hand that you wish to return.
Kindly note the following links:
Petty Cash Reimbursement Request form
For Community members who utilize the departmental deposit form, please note the following options:
1) Send cheques and departmental deposit forms via campus mail to Banking located at Discovery 1, Room 3010.
2) Drop cheques and departmental deposit forms in the Finance drop box located on the 3rd Floor on Discovery 1, Rm 3010. Proceed to the second door down the hall. The drop box is located to the left of the door.
Please note departmental deposits will be posted on a weekly basis. For security reasons, cash should not be sent to Banking unless it is contained in a sealed, Scotiabank deposit bag (i.e. a bag-ready deposit) that is dropped off by appointment with Banking. If you do not have a bag-ready deposit, Banking will assist with the processing of the deposit.
For Community members who currently utilize bag-ready deposits, please note the following options:
1) Send bag-ready deposits via campus mail to Banking located at Discovery 1, Room 3010. Do not send cash via campus mail.
2) Drop bag-ready deposits in the Finance drop box located on the 3rd Floor of Discovery 1, Rm 3010. Proceed to the second door down the hall. The drop box is located to the left of the door.
3) Depositors may also take bag-ready deposits directly to participating Scotiabank branches that offer night depositories.
Please note that bag-ready deposits will be posted on a bi-weekly basis.
From July 1 to September 6, 2021, please contact email@example.com to make an appointment for the processing of cash deposits. Additional instructions will be forwarded for the processing of cash deposits commencing September 7, 2021 onwards.
Note: Where possible, suppliers are encouraged to remit payment to SFU via electronic funds transfer. Banking information is available on the Finance website (Departments > Banking > Forms & Resources > Direct Deposit/Incoming Wire Transfer).
For any questions regarding this transition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your assistance in working through this transition with us.