Information for Current Students
The following commonly used forms, and many others, can be downloaded from the forms clearinghouse of the Dean of Graduate Studies:
- Approval of Supervisory Committee
- Application for Transfer from Master's to Doctoral Program
- Application to Take Courses at Another Institution for Credit at this University
- Western Deans' Agreement
- Approval of Examining Committee for a Master's Student
- Approval of Examining Committee for a Doctoral Student
- On-Leave Graduate Registration
Other useful links:
- SFU Calendar
- Preparing and submitting your thesis
- Off-Campus Housing
- On-Campus Housing
- Geography Graduate Student Association
- BC Renter's Guide
- International & Exchange Student Services : The International & Exchange Student Services at Simon Fraser University provides initial and on-going help to international students on campus. International students coming to study at SFU should also visit the International Students Information page.
- SFU Health & Counselling Services : Health Services provides on-campus health care for students. It carries a staff of fully qualified doctors and nurses. At the time of registration all students are required to have current medical insurance. Those (such as new arrivals) who are not eligible for insurance under the British Columbia Medical Services Plan can purchase temporary health insurance from private agencies listed by the University Health Service.
- Career Services : Career Services provides career development resources to all SFU students and recent graduates.
- Being a student can be stressful. There is support available to help you succeed at SFU and to support your mental health and well-being. For information about the services and resources offered through SFU Health and Counselling Services visit www.sfu.ca/students/health.
- SFU is committed to creating a respectful campus community, free from all types of sexual violence - including sexual harassment and assault. Visit www.sfu.ca/sexual-violence to learn more. Support is available at the Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office for all SFU community members impacted by Sexual Violence.