- About Us
- Institute for the Humanities
- SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies
- J. S. Woodsworth Chair in the Humanities
- Hellenic Canadian Congress of BC Chair in Hellenic Studies
- Hellenic Studies Professorship in Aegean and Mediterranean Societies and Cultures
- Edward and Emily McWhinney Professorship in International Relations
- Our Humans
- News & Events
Areas of interest
Development of German-language theatre in Germany and the Baltic, and Vancouver and Canada; Bertolt Brecht's literary adaptations; German literary history; Baltic studies; poetry of Jaan Kaplinski; and German-Estonian literary relations.
- PhD, German Literature, Indiana University
- MA, German and French Literature
- BA (Honours), French and German
Laurence Kitching completed his PhD dissertation in 1973 on "Brecht's Adaptation of J.M.R. Lenz's Hofmeister." He is fluent in English, German, and French, and can speak and understand basic Estonian and Swedish. Prior to retirement, he taught German literature in English, Ibsen's drama, Scandinavian narrative, and German literature and civilization in German at SFU.