Mitacs International Partner Calls
SFU-Mitacs Globalink Research Awards (GRA) support research collaborations between Canada and select partner organizations around the world. In collaboration with international partners, Mitacs has launched a new round of funding calls.
This SFU-Mitacs Globalink Research Award - International Partner call invites proposals that demonstrate alignment with SFU's research priorities as articulated in the SFU Research Strategic Plan. Proposals must demonstrate potential to lead to long-term and multifaceted research collaborations that advance strategic interests. International Partner Calls do not require $2000 contribution funds from PI.
- Université de Grenoble Alpes (UGA)
- France (Inbound/Outbound)
- Deadline for Inbound: October 4, 2022
- Deadline for Outbound: Open all year
- Themes: All disciplines, but focus on SSH and a multidisciplinary approach
- Note: 1 intern maximum per project
- Submission for Inbound: Submit to Université Grenoble Alpes. Instructions here (in French). For additional questions, please contact Zoraida Martinez Racini email@example.com from UGA (English or French).
- Submission for Outbound: For application process and submission, contact Mitacs through the local Mitacs representative (Andrea Globa, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine Call (Inbound only)
- Deadline: Open all year
- Themes: All disciplines
- Eligible institutions: All universities in Ukraine
- Note: Projects may include up to 5 interns
- Application review: Approximately 4 weeks, compared to average 10-12 week timeline
- Two consecutive GRA’s: Students registered at Ukrainian institutions will be allowed to complete two sequential GRA projects of up to 24 weeks per project (up to 48 weeks total). GRA interns are currently only permitted to complete one unit in their life-time — this measure would enable Ukrainian interns to access a total amount of $12,000 for up to 48 weeks. To access this opportunity, applicants must include a project duration >24 weeks on the GRA application form. Project duration <24 weeks will be awarded as one unit valued at $6,000.
- For application process and submission, contact Mitacs through the local Mitacs representative (Andrea Globa, email@example.com)
How do I apply?
The application process varies by partner and the details are noted directly on the Mitacs website. If you have any questions on how to apply or would like to submit an application, please contact SFU's Mitacs representative, Andrea Globa, Director of Business Development, Mitacs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The following table includes a list of all Mitacs partners that are available under this call. However, please note that not all are currently open for applications. The Mitacs website offers the most up-to-date information on each of the individual partner calls.