Registered full-time senior undergraduates, graduate students, or postdoctoral fellows at SFU may be eligible for this award. Please check most updated eligibility requirements here. Students who are interested in this award, should speak to their faculty supervisor first to discuss their eligibility and identify a supervisor at a host university.
Faculties Accepting Applications
If your faculty is listed here, please contact your faculty directly to discuss your interest in applying for the award. Faculties not listed here are currently not accepting applications for the award.
|Faculty||Contact Person||Contact Information||Notes|
|Beedie School of Business||Anirban Karemail@example.com|
Faculty of Applied Science
|Wen Dee Wongfirstname.lastname@example.org||Only available to graduate students who are in a thesis-based program.|
|Faculty of Education||Cindy Xinemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Science||Michael Silvermanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Students and postdoctoral fellows
- Must be registered as full-time senior undergraduates, graduate students, or postdoctoral fellows at a Canadian university and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award. Postdoctoral fellows may apply if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Cannot hold more than one Globalink Research Award per academic lifetime
- Cannot have previously held a Mitacs-JSPS Summer Program award
Undergraduate applicants completing their first post-secondary degree must have completed their second year of studies prior to departure. All applicants enrolled in an undergraduate degree must have maintained a B average in their two most recent semesters prior to application. This average can be cumulative over the two semesters.
Home supervising professors
- Must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university
- Must be eligible to hold Tri-Council funding and to supervise graduate students
Host supervising professors
- Must be recognized faculty members at their institutions
- Must be eligible to host graduate students
The award supports travel and research from Canada to universities in the following countries and regions:
- China (including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao)
- European Union
- United Kingdom
- United States