- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
- People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
If you've completed all degree requirements except your thesis, you may be eligible to book a lockable study room at the WAC Bennett Library on the Burnaby campus.
Study rooms are available for master's or doctoral students writing their theses under the following conditions:
- the student has completed all degree requirements except the thesis;
- the student will be registered full-time; and
- the student will not be employed at the university (other than as a TA/TM or RA)
Reminder: Study rooms are intended for students in the final writing phase of their thesis dissertation and who are intending on spending a significant amount of time using library resources. Additionally, students who have used a room for one or more terms will have low priority for future use.
The Library Study Room Application must be completed by you and your supervisor to be considered complete. Incomplete applications may not be accepted. Please submit your application by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include an unofficial transcript showing you are registered for the requested term with your Library Study Room Application.
NOTICE: Applications will not be accepted for Summer 2020. The rooms are under renovation.
- March 15th for the summer semester
- July 15th for the fall semester
- November 15th for the spring semester
After that deadline, applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis until all study rooms have been filled.