- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
My Sustainable Life Mission
We all need to work together to keep our world happy and healthy. Start a small garden in your yard, on your sill or anywhere a patch of sun finds you; skip the single-use plastics and use bags from home; and mend that hole in your jeans instead of tossing them out. For this Mission, perform any three (3) Sustainable actions on the list or add some of your own!
- Grow your own (herbs, vegetables, etc)
- Bring your own (grocery bag, to-go cup, etc)
- Build your own (instead of buying something new, can you "build" it out of material you have on hand – or resuse something or buy it second hand)
- Plant pollinator friendly wild flowers
- Skip the dryer & wash in cold
- Walk or Bike instead of drive
- Offer bird nesting material
- Collaborate with Embark
Track Your Points
Create a Sustainable Life Mission sub-folder and upload a picture of your three (3) sustainable actions.
Optional: Share your mission on Social Media and tag us!
Don't have social media? No worries, we can share it for you! Upload an image of your item and we can pop it up on our website or include it in other promotions.