- About Us
- Page Not Found
PhD (SFU); BA (SFU)
Health and social policy; home care and home support; long-term care; integrated care systems; community-based seniors’ services
Laura Kadowaki completed a PhD in Gerontology at Simon Fraser University. Her areas of research include: continuing care systems; home and community-based services; aging in place; and community-based seniors’ services. Laura has worked on a number of research and advocacy projects including the Raising the Profile Project, the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging, and the Lived Experiences of Aging Immigrants Project. Laura is the Past-President of the Canadian Association on Gerontology Student Connection, and previously served as the President and Secretary-Treasurer.
- Kadowaki, L., & Wister, A. (2022). Older adults and social isolation and loneliness during the COVID-19 pandemic: A scoping review of patterns, effects, and interventions. Canadian Journal on Aging. Nov 8:1-18. doi: 10.1017/S0714980822000459. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 36345649.
- Wister, A., Li, L., Levasseur, M., Kadowaki, L., & Pickering, J. (2022). The effects of loneliness on depressive symptoms among older adults during COVID-19: Longitudinal analyses of the CLSA. Journal of Aging and Health. https://doi. org/10.1177/08982643221129686.
- Meisner, B. A., Boscart, V., Gaudreau, P., Stolee, P., Ebert, P., Heyer, M., Kadowaki, L., Kelly, C., Levasseur, M., Massie, A. S., Menec, V., Middleton, L., Sheiban Taucar, L., Thornton, W. L., Tong, C., van den Hoonaard, D. K., & Wilson, K. (2020). Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Approaches Needed to Determine Impact of COVID-19 on Older Adults and Aging: CAG/ACG and CJA/RCV Joint Statement. Canadian Journal on Aging, 1–11.
- Kadowaki, L., & Mahmood, A. (2018). Senior Centres in Canada and the United States: A Scoping Review. Canadian Journal on Aging, 37(4), 420-441.
- Kadowaki, L., Wister, A., & Chappell, N. (2015). Home Care Needs and Their Influence on Life Satisfaction, Perceived Life Stress, and Loneliness. Canadian Journal on Aging, 34(1), 75-89.
- Kadowaki, L., Chow, H., Metcalfe, S., & Friesen, K. (2014). Innovative Model of Interprofessional Geriatric Consultation: Specialized Seniors Clinics. Healthcare Quarterly, 17(3), 55-60.
- Kadowaki, L., Lalji, K., & Cohen, M. (In press). Chapter 24: Improving Community Health and Social Services: A British Columbia Case Study. In I. Rootman, P. Edwards, F. Grunberg, & M. Levasseur (Eds.), Health Promotion and Older Adults in Canada. Canadian Scholars.
- Kadowaki, L., & Mahmood, A. (2020). Senior Centers. In D. Gu & M.E. Dupre, Encyclopedia of Gerontology and Population Aging. Springer.
- Kadowaki, L., Simard, J., Brotman, S., Koehn, S., Ferrer, I., Raymond, E., & Orzeck, P. (2020). Learning From The Lived Experiences Of Aging Immigrants: Final Report. The Lived Experiences of Aging Immigrants Project.
- Kadowaki, L. (2020). Case Studies on Integrating Health and Community-Based Services for Older Adults. Report Prepared for the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
- Kadowaki, L., & Cohen, M. (2017). Raising the Profile of the Community-Based Seniors’ Services Sector in B.C.: A Review of the Literature. Vancouver, B.C.: Raising the Profile Project.
- Wister, A., Kadowaki, L., & Mitchell, B. (2016). Gerontology Graduate Training in North America: Shifting Landscapes, Innovation and Future Directions. Vancouver, BC: Simon Fraser University.