- About us
- News & Events
- For Faculty + Staff
- Student Blog
LGBTQ Special Initiatives
- History project at Surrey Pride
- 5th Annual Pride Display in Surrey City Hall
- Mapping Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer Migrant Needs in Surrey, BC
- GSWS at Surrey Pride
- 4th Annual LGBTQ display in Surrey City Hall
- Older and Loving It
- LGBT Elder Abuse
- Surrey LGBTQ History 2016
- An Intergenerational Arts Initiative to Combat Elder abuse in the LGBT Community
- Transgender Flag Raising at Vancouver City Hall
- Call & Response: An intergenerational showcase
- Under the Rainbow
- Surrey LGBTQ History
- Archives of Lesbian Oral Testimony (A LOT)
- Traveling Speakers Series
- Shadbolt Fellow: prOphecy sun
Call & Response: An intergenerational showcase
February 19th, 2015. 7.00 – 9.00 pm
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Room Fir 128, 12666 72nd Avenue, Surrey
February 22nd, 2015. 5.00 – 7.30pm.
Britannia Services Centre, Canucks Family Education Centre, 1001 Cotton Drive, Vancouver
Admission by sliding scale, $3 - $15
Join us for an evening of digital media, spoken word, poetry, and stories from an innovative intergenerational collaboration. Over the last year, queer youth and queer elders have been exchanging writing prompts, work, and critique. The results will entertain, amaze, and inspire you.
The members of Youth for a Change, facilitated by Jen Marchbank and Sylvia Traphan, range in age from 13 to 22. They’re advocates, activists, and educators, who offer workshops and training, monitor government policies, lobby local politicians and go on field trips (among many other activities). They meet in Surrey.
The members of Queer Imaging & Riting Kollective for Elders (Quirk-e), facilitated by Claire Robson and Kelsey Blair, range in age from 55 – 86. Quirk-e is a critical arts collective, committed to challenging and changing stereotypical notions of what it’s like to be old and queer. They meet in Vancouver.
The Vancouver event is funded in part by a grant from the City of Vancouver. The Surrey event is being sponsored by Kwantlen Faculty Association and the Vancouver event by Britannia Services Centre.
Contact: Claire Robson email@example.com 604 222 4606