- Take Action
- Well-being Projects
- Well-being in Learning Environments
- WLE Dialogue Series
Explore ways to promote health and wellness on campus amidst the pandemic.
A sudden transition to remote teaching and working can be disruptive, and meeting student and staff needs virtually can bring a new layer of complexity to the learning environment. We know that well-being is a predictor for student learning, and faculty and staff job satisfaction. However, there remains a gap in knowledge on fostering a Health Promoting University and adopting a whole-systems perspective in a remote learning environment during a pandemic.
The purpose of this webinar was to create an opportunity for higher education faculty, instructors, and staff to:
- Learn more about the healthy universities approach at Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia.
- Enhance the capacity of participants for adopting a whole-systems approach in a remote/online learning environment
- Contribute towards creating a culture of health promoting universities in a remote or online learning environment
After watching this recording of the webinar, participants can:
- Explore how to apply a systems approach to health promotion during a remote or online in your respective higher education
- Identify promising practices, key barriers, and enablers to a whole-system approach to health promotion in a remote or online learning environment
- Share lessons learned that foster faculty, staff, and student well-being and resilience when adapting to the current context