*Important Note: Some organizations are planning to hold interviews after the Fair (starting from 4pm onward) so please prepare anything you may need for an interview ahead of time and ensure that your schedule is clear in the evening.
How to prepare for TOF
9 key points to optimize your success during the Teaching Opportunities Fair:
1. View the list of participating exhibitors under the "Exhibitors list" tab.
2. Research the schools and organizations that you are interested in.
3. Be Interview Ready: See if there are any job postings available. If so, read and prepare your resume and/or cover letter to hand out during the event day. Organizations may request an on the spot interview during the fair if they are hiring.
4. Dress to impress! Although you may not need to dress formally, but come to the event in business wear (nice pants and shirt - avoid jeans and t-shirts). Look professional, enthusiastic and stay positive.
5. Ultimately, practice how to introduce yourself to an employer.
6. Write down all of the exhibitors that you want to visit on the day of the event. Remember it’s not the quantity you want to achieve rather it is quality connections with your top employers/schools.
7. To make the most of the Teaching Opportunities Fair (TOF) read the Do’s & Don'ts. Here you’ll find some quick points on how to approach and network with an organization and schools. Also, potential questions you can prepare to ask to find out more about them.
8. Review Helpful Resources for more information.
9. Need further career related help? Make an appointment with a Career Educator for one-on-one advising, please call Career & Volunteer Services at 778-782-3106.