Job Evaluation Project
Visit our project map to see a full visual view of our project.
For information on significant changes to a job description and re-evaluation process, click here.
Phase 1: Plan & Design (Completed)
- In late 2017, SFU introduced a new job evaluation methodology for all APSA and Excluded positions known as the Hay Guide Chart Profile Method (Hay Method)
- 1,200 existing APSA and Excluded (excluding IT, local & enterprise) jobs were evaluted under the new methodology.
Phase 2: Communicaton & implement results (Completed)
- Phase 2 results were communicated.
- There were no negative salary impacts to existing employees.
- Any applicable changes to salaries for APSA & APEX (Gr. 1-12) were implemented on the March 15, 2019 payroll.
- Any applicable retroactive pay for APSA & APEX (Gr 1-12) will be implemented on the April 26, 2019.
- Any applicable salary changes & retroactive pay for APEX (Gr 13-20) will be implemented (TBD).
Phase 3: Follow up and maintenance (We are here)
- The priority of this work will be determined by the VPs, in parallel with day to day compensation service offerings.
- This phase will have two major components:
- Supporting IT (local & enterprise) jobs to be defined & evaluated under the Hay Method and
- Reviewing jobs brought forward from Phase 2.
- The project is expected to be completed in 2019 (TBD).