The Institute for the Humanities Travel-Study Award is valued at $1500, and is meant to cover the costs associated with attending a travel-study/field school program offered by SFU. The award is given annually to a third- or fourth-year student who has completed two Humanities courses. Consideration will be given to the applicants' GPA, the importance of the field school to the student's program of study, and the letters of reference. Due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, the award is cancelled until further notice.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 at SFU.
- Registered in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses in the summer term or in any of the previous two terms (fall or spring).
Applications must include:
- Copy of university transcript (advising transcript accepted)
- Statement describing the relevance of the program/field school to the student’s academic program and goals
- Two letters of reference from SFU faculty (signed and sealed by the referees)
Applications are to be sent to:
Institute for the Humanities
Attention: Huyen Pham
SFU Harbour Centre
Office #3150 - 515 W. Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3
For further information, please contact Huyen Pham.