The department offers the following academic programs leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree, or to be combined with other programs in a Bachelor of General Studies or other degrees at SFU:
- Humanities Major*
- Humanities Joint Major (with English; French; History; GSWS; Philosophy)*
- Humanities Minor*
- Humanities Extended Minor*
- Hellenic Studies Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies Certificate
- Religious Studies Certificate
* Can be completed with or without one or more of the following concentrations:
- Concentration in Art and Material Culture
- Concentration in Hellenic Studies
- Concentration in Mythologies
- Concentration in Public Engagement and Intellectual Culture
NOTE: the most accurate information on requirements will always be found on the central Academic Calendar, which is updated every term.
Admission to a Humanities Program
Information on undergraduate admission to SFU can be found HERE.
If you are a current SFU student who would like to learn about joining the Humanities, please contact our Advisor, Erin Norman.
Student Responsibility: It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of degree and academic program regulations as stated in the Calendar. Academic advisors are available to give advice and guidance. However, the ultimate responsibility for completeness and correctness of course selection, for compliance with and completion of program and degree requirements and for observance of regulations and deadlines rests with the student. If there are any discrepancies between the calendar and the requirements listed on this website, the calendar will be deemed to be correct.