Getting your Card

You may need your SFU ID Card for the following reasons:

  • To identify you for virtual exams
  • If you plan to visit campus or live in SFU Residence and Housing
  • If you use your U-Pass BC to access TransLink public transit
  • Free entry to SFU Athletics Varsity games/matches

In an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus we have transitioned our ID Card production to an online process. Please complete the web form including identification to request your ID Card. Your card will be mailed to the mailing address you’ve provided in goSFU. Please check that you have the correct address listed. Pickup is limited to those students living in SFU Residence and Housing.

If you have questions about this process, please contact us.

New SFU student

SFU ID cards are automatically renewed whenever you enroll in courses. You must keep your card for the duration of your studies at SFU and thereafter as an alumnus.

Read more >

Faculty and staff

Human Resources will notify you when your card is available to be produced. If you are working on campus and require an ID card, please complete the web form.

Read more >

Visitor card

There are two types of visitor card: the Athletics and Recreation Membership ID Card and the Library External Borrower Card.

Read more >

New FIC student

The Registrar and Information Services office at Burnaby can create student ID cards for Fraser International College (FIC) students, if they have an immediate need.

Read more >