Getting your Card
Faculty and Staff
At this time, we are only producing ID Cards for SFU community members who reside within the lower mainland and have a demonstrated need, e.g., staff and faculty working on campus.
In an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus we have transitioned our Staff and Faculty ID Card production to an online process. Please complete the web form including identification and a picture (if required) to request your SFU ID Card. Your card will be mailed to the address provided to Human Resources and showing in goSFU. If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
To learn more about your SFU ID card and how to use it, see Managing your SFU Card.
Acceptable photo identification
To get your SFU ID card, you must present one of the following valid photo IDs with your full name and date of birth in English:
- Birth certificate*
- Driver’s licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- GoCard (must be presented with birth certificate or CareCard)
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Canadian citizenship certificate*
- Permanent resident card
*Must be presented with photo ID, if photo not included.
**Passports must include a signed signature page in order to be valid for ID purposes
- Photograph must be taken on a plain white background
- Photograph taken must show a full head
- Head coverings (eg, hats, headphones or masks) are not allowed unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible
- Sunglasses may not be worn
- Smiling is allowed
- Photograph must not be altered in any way
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
- Must be saved as a .jpg/.jpeg