Getting your Card

New FIC students

You may need a Student ID Card for the following reasons:

  • If you live in SFU Residence and Housing and need access to the dining hall

FIC students are able to request their ID and Replacement ID’s at any of our Registrar and Information Services offices

Please make sure you bring a piece of acceptable ID with you.

If you have questions about this process, please contact us.

Acceptable photo identification

To get your FIC ID card you must present one of the following photo IDs: (Full name and date of birth must be in English)

  • Passport*
  • Birth certificate (must be presented with photo ID)
  • Canadian driver’s licence
  • BCID
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Single Journey Travel Document

Expired IDs cannot be accepted.
*Passports must include a signed signature page in order to be valid for ID purposes