Getting your Card
Getting your SFU ID card is simple. Visit MBC 1302 at the Burnaby Campus, Registrar and Information services at Surrey and Vancouver campus with valid photo ID to have your photo taken and your card printed, 24 hours after you have enrolled in your classes.
Pick up your SFU ID card:
- When: 24 hours after enrolling in courses
- Where: Registrar and Information Services
Your card is automatically renewed whenever you enroll in courses. You must keep your card for the duration of your studies at SFU and thereafter as an alumnus. To learn more about your SFU card and how to use it, see Managing your SFU Card.
Acceptable photo identification
To get your SFU ID card, you must present one of the following valid photo IDs with your full name and date of birth in English:
- Birth certificate*
- Driver’s licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- GoCard (must be presented with birth certificate or CareCard)
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Canadian citizenship certificate*
- Permanent resident card
*Must be presented with photo ID, if photo not included.
- Photograph taken must show a full head
- Head coverings (eg, hats, headphones or masks) are not allowed unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible
- Sunglasses may not be worn
- Smiling is allowed
- Photograph must not be altered in any way
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
Women wearing a face cover can make an appointment at Registrar and Information Services to be photographed without the face cover by a female staff member in the private ID room by calling 778.782.6930 or emailing email@example.com.