Getting your Card

Visitor Card

Visiting faculty and scholars, SFU Childcare staff, visiting graduate students, and members of the SFU community who are being sponsored by a department may be eligible to receive an SFU ID card and library borrowing privileges.

In order for us to determine your eligibility for an SFU ID card, our office will require a letter from your department that lists your start and end date at SFU, in addition to a valid piece of government-issued photo ID (see below).  

If you are not a Visitor at SFU, please visit SFU Library directly  to get a external borrower card or the SFU Recreation website for information on their services.

Acceptable photo identification

To get your SFU Visitor card, you must present one of the following valid photo IDs with your full name and date of birth in English:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate* 
  • Canadian driver’s licence
  • BCID
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Canadian citizenship certificate*
  • Permanent resident card
  • Single Journey Travel Document
* Must be presented with photo ID, if photo not included.