Replacing and maintaining your card

Lost or stolen cards

  • During hours of operation, lost or stolen SFU ID cards should be reported to Registrar and Information Services at any of the three campuses.
  • During non-business hours, lost or stolen SFU ID cards should be reported to Campus Security Lost and Found.

In many cases, a lost SFU card is simply misplaced. If you cannot find it, go to a Registrar and Information Services counter during regular office hours to get a new card. One piece of government-issued photo identification is required.

Replacements card for

Fee (tax included)

Burnaby or Vancouver campus student replacements cards:

Surrey campus student replacement cards:

External borrower

Note: Once a replacement SFU card is issued, any previously issued SFU ID card will become inactive. If you find an inactive card, you should destroy it. Staff/Faculty should visit a Registrar and Information Services counter to obtain a replacement card.


Caring for your card

Your SFU ID card is designed to last a long time. It is one of the most important pieces of identification you will carry during your time at Simon Fraser University. Take good care of it!

  • Do not tamper with your photograph or any information on your SFU ID card
  • Keep it away from sources of heat
  • Keep it away from keys or anything that can scratch it. Scratches may make the barcode or magnetic strip unreadable. Also, if the writing is no longer legible, the card may not be accepted
  • Remove it from your pocket before washing and drying your clothes
  • Do not bend it or punch holes through it
  • Do not lend your SFU card to anyone. You are responsible for all transactions on it, authorised or not

Managing your finances

Need help managing your finances? See the Financial Aid and Awards website or meet with a financial aid advisor.