Replacing and maintaining your card
You may need to replace your lost or stolen ID Card for the following reasons:
- To identify you for exams
- If you plan to visit campus or live in SFU Residence and Housing
- If you use your U-Pass BC to access TransLink public transit
- Free entry to SFU Athletics Varsity games/matches
If you have questions, please contact us.
The replacement card fee will be waived for students who provide proof of legal name change and those requesting their first ID Card following a Preferred Name Change.
If you already have an SFU ID card and would like to get a new card with your preferred or new legal name, please review the information on the Legal and Preferred Name Change site.
Replacement card for
Fee (tax included)
|Burnaby, Surrey or Vancouver campus student replacement cards:
Note: Once a replacement SFU card is issued, any previously issued SFU ID card will become inactive. If you find an inactive card, you should destroy it.
Your SFU ID card is designed to last a long time. It is one of the most important pieces of identification you will carry during your time at Simon Fraser University. Take good care of it!
- Do not tamper with your photograph or any information on your SFU ID card.
- Keep it away from sources of heat.
- Keep it away from keys or anything that can scratch it. Scratches may make the barcode or magnetic strip unreadable. Also, if the writing is no longer legible, the card may not be accepted.
- Remove it from your pocket before washing and drying your clothes.
- Do not bend it or punch holes through it.
- Do not lend your SFU card to anyone. You are responsible for all transactions on it, authorised or not.