- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Information Security Standards
- New Information Security Essentials Course
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
ServiceHub is our new one-stop portal for you to interact with IT Services about the services you are interested in.
If you need assistance with a service, request for support at servicehub.sfu.ca.
Event Recording and Livestreaming
This service is NOT for teaching or lecture recording. Instructors for classes can check out our Lecture Recording service.
Setup and on-site support of video recording and livestreaming technology for internal events and conferences at the university
IT Services offers live streaming and video recording of keynote presentations, conferences, or special internal events from one of three SFU campuses. Providing our professional staff and video capture system, we can help you promote your research, education program, or departmental events. Our service includes:
- Live Streaming (including video recording)
- Event Recording
Best Practices and Recommendations
- Live streaming is a great medium to engage massive audiences. For smaller target audiences (e.g., less than 100 participants), you may want to consider video conferencing via SFU Zoom.
- This service is available for internal events; this refers to events viewed primarily by SFU faculty, staff, and students. We set up Unlisted mode for live streaming, and the live stream can be accessible to any SFU members who know your live event page.
- Cloud Recording via Zoom and live-streaming your Zoom meeting to a third-party platform (for public events) can be available as self-service options. IT Services doesn't offer live streaming using a third-party platform like YouTube or Facebook Live.
- This is a separate service from Equipment Loans and Setups.
Event inquiries and requests
- Contact MECS (Meeting, Event, Conference Services)
Other Related Services
Goldcorp Centre for the Arts Production and Event Services (SFU's downtown campus)
AV Equipment Loans and Setups by IT Services