- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- Remote work
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
Vision, strategy and policy
- One I.S. vision
- Cloud Computing Strategy
- Stewardship Model
- Stewardship Committees
- Stewardship Workflow
- Connecting to University Governance
- Approval and Prioritization
- Stewardship and Project Management
- Terms of Reference: One I.S. Stewardship Committee
- Administrative Systems Stewardship Committee
- Terms of Reference: Research Systems Stewardship Committee
- Terms of Reference: Educational Systems Stewardship Committee
- Mobile Strategy
- Reports and blog
- Vision, strategy and policy
Desktops and laptops managed by IT Services
Managed devices refers to desktops and laptops that are managed by IT Services. Staff and faculty can enroll their devices purchased through SFU's Procurement Services into managed devices, to benefit from standards that ensure the device is secure, license compliant, connected to enterprise resources, and regularly updated and maintained. Managed devices can also be found in offices, lecture rooms, labs, and libraries on campuses.
Why use managed devices?
- Reliability - Your device will quickly receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
- Time Efficiency - You will stay more productive as most deployment and updating processes run in the background, freeing up more time for teaching, research and management.
- Flexibility - You can choose when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your device through Self-service portals.
- Security - IT Technicians will manage the security of your machine so you don't have to. You can rest assured that software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well maintained.
- Confidentiality - Your data and files will remain confidential; no personal data is scanned, indexed, or transmitted off your device. ITs servers also keep full audit logs of any actions performed by technicians.
- Compliance - Your device will always be in compliance with legislation governing requirements for research or student data on University computers.Your device will quickly receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
Obtain managed devices
Faculty and staff can contact your departmental IT staff to obtain or enroll in managed devices. Please contact your departmental IT staff first for any question and issue related to managed devices.
Questions or issues?
- Need desktop support?