- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
ServiceHub is our new one-stop portal for you to interact with IT Services about the services you are interested in.
If you need assistance with a service, request for support at servicehub.sfu.ca.
The secondary survey option at SFU
We recommend SurveyMonkey for most of your needs for creating survey.
However, you can choose to use SFU Websurvey for the following cases:
- Personal data will be collected in the survey where the Terms of Service of SurveyMonkey, Inc. may be in conflict with privacy, legal, or other requirements related to the use of that survey.
- The provision of personal data to the survey is considered mandatory for some University business (eg. as an assignment or as a component of an assignment in a credit course).
SurveyMonkey vs SFU WebSurvey, WHICH SURVEY TOOL SHOULD I USE?
There are several considerations:
SurveyMonkey is the most full-featured of the two options, has more types of questions available, and offers frequently requested features such as 'branching' available within surveys. SurveyMonkey is capable of meeting the widest range of needs.
However, even though SurveyMonkey is hosted in Canada and our implementation meets the requirements of BC's FIPPA legislation, SurveyMonkey, Inc. is US-owned and this has implications for support access (see our SFU SurveyMonkey Terms of Service page for more detail). The SFU WebSurvey application and data are entirely hosted at the SFU datacentre and support is provided by SFU staff in Canada, only.
If you are using your survey as a mandatory requirement for course work or similar activity with SurveyMonkey, you may need to consider using a personal information disclosure consent form and/or have alternative methods available for the student/etc. to complete that activity. Please contact the Information and Privacy Officer in the Archives and Records Management Department for the correct consent form to use. From the perspective of provincial privacy legislation, SFU WebSurvey would typically require no such consent form because it is entirely hosted at SFU.
WHO PROVIDES SUPPORT?
Support for SFU WebSurvey is via email at email@example.com. We support the configuration and use of the application itself, but cannot provide expertise in areas of survey design, best practices, and related topics.
Direct all questions, comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org