- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
ServiceHub is our new one-stop portal for you to interact with IT Services about the services you are interested in.
If you need assistance with a service, request for support at servicehub.sfu.ca.
Tableau helps better visualize data
Tableau is a tool that helps visualize data via images and graphics making the data easier to understand. Tableau allows users to publish their data visualizations to a site. Users can also create and publish visuals to the Tableau server.
Tableau has two distinct services:
This is a installed application that is deployed to Windows and Mac managed machines. A license which needs to be purchase and owned by IT, but the maintenance cost of $300USD/yr is passed onto the user. The license can be applied to up to three machines (of which one of the machines would be the managed desktop).
This is an on-premise web server that IT can provision sub-sites for departments that would like to host their own Tableau visualizations (created in Tableau Desktop) for viewers who may not have Tableau Desktop. There is no charge for departments to request a sub-site. IT Services would provision and set up the basic site, but department sub-site maintenance is the responsibility of the user, including user management.