- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Expanded gender identity options for students within goSFU
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
Create a meeting
Create a new meeting using a randomly generated meeting ID.
This is a good option if you’re looking for a private disposable meeting room (such as those for inter- views where you’ll need to keep each session separate).
View instructions on how to create a random ID below
Use a static meeting ID with the Personal Meeting ID attached to your Zoom account.
This is a good choice if you need a recurring meeting ID (such as those for weekly staff meetings where you want to use a single ID to keep things simple).
View instructions on how to create a static ID below
How to create a meeting with a random ID
With the desktop client open select the New Meeting button. A new meeting will begin with a randomly generated meeting ID.
For more information see the help article:
How to create a meeting with a static ID
To start a meeting using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) select the dropdown arrow for New Meeting and ensure “Use my Personal Meeting ID (PMI) is selected.
Once selected click the New Meeting button.
For more information see the help article: Personal Meeting ID (PMI)