- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
Get started & sign in
Sign into sfu.zoom.us with your SFU Computing ID and password, and you'll be signed up to use Zoom right away. You can also download and install Zoom to your desktop or mobile phones for more features.
SFU Zoom vs Zoom
Do NOT sign in Zoom using www.zoom.us. Instead, you must use the SFU zoom at sfu.zoom.us. The image below shows the correct SFU zoom sign in page.
If you already created an account with the wrong Zoom, check out the instructions below.
I already signed in with the wrong Zoom and now I'm stuck.
If you already created a Zoom account using zoom.us instead of sfu.zoom.us, you have to cancel and terminate the account you created with zoom.us then sign up using sfu.zoom.us.
To terminate your account follow these steps:
1. Sign-in to https://www.zoom.us/signin
2. Click on Account Management > Account Profile and click on Terminate my account.
3. Do one of the followings to register the changes:
- Quit your browser (Not just closing the page or tab, but quit your browser and re-open the browser)
- OR, re-start your computer
4. Go to https://sfu.zoom.us/ and sign in with your SFU Computing ID and password.
With the desktop client open select Sign In.
Select Sign in with SSO.
If you’re interested in staying logged in (so you don’t have to go through all these steps again) then also ensure Keep me signed in is checked.
Ensure the company domain has sfu typed before .zoom.us and select Continue.
Note, if you see a page asking for your email address then select I know the company domain listed below.
The Zoom client will bring you to SFU’s Central Authentication Service (CAS), so sign in using your SFU Computing ID and password.
Note that if you are already signed in to CAS via another SFU service (such as mail.sfu.ca or elsewhere) then this page will automatically authenticate you and skip this step.