Fall 2017 International Student Report
The Fall International Student Report has been updated for Fall 2017. This report provides information on the distribution of undergraduate and graduate international students for ten fall semesters.
Highlights of the report:
- 4,908 undergraduate international students registered at SFU.
- Undergraduate students from Bangladesh increased from 38 to 54, a 42.1% jump over last fall.
- International students represent 19.4% of the total undergraduate population. 54.6% of international undergraduate are from China.
- 1,379 graduate international students registered at SFU, an increase of 7.1% over last fall.
- Graduate international from Taiwan increased from 8 to 12, representing a 71.4% increase over last fall.
- International students represent 28.3% of the total graduate population.
- 20% of undergraduates attending SFU this fall graduated from a foreign high school.
- 27% of graduate students attending SFU this fall earned their bachelor's degree outside of Canada.
For more information, please visit http://www.sfu.ca/irp/students/visa-report.html