Call of for expressions of interest: TLDG workshop facilitator and proposal coaches Fall 2020
The ISTLD invites expressions of interest from SFU faculty members to participate in the upcoming Fall 2020 Teaching and Learning Development Grant (TLDG) proposal development workshops as both a workshop facilitator and proposal coach.
Interested applicants must be SFU faculty members who have completed, as of May 2020, two or more TLDG or Dewey Fellowship projects as either applicant or co-applicant.
TIME COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS (for each workshop series):
- Attend and participate in two, two-hour workshops as scheduled [4 hours]
- Proposal review [~2 hours]
- Preparatory and de-brief meetings, and ISTLD consultation (as required) [~2 hours]
- Proposal coaching of one to three TLDG project proposals [~3 to 5 hours each]
- Total time commitment [~13 - 20 hours]
FACILITATOR/PROPOSAL COACH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend one or more workshops series;
- Review all workshop proposals and provide feedback;
- Attend workshop preparation and debrief meetings;
- Consult with ISTLD team, when necessary;
- Provide consultation and feedback to the project proposals, as assigned, to develop the initial idea into a final project proposal. This process may involve email, phone, and/or online consultations; and
- Track time spent on each proposal.
Participating faculty members will receive the following compensation in the form of an honorarium, conference expenses, research assistant appointment compensation, or combination. The ISTLD will administer these funds.
- $200 for workshop series participation and meeting attendance (e.g., preparatory and meetings) **note these will be held remotely
- $600 per proposal
SCHEDULING AND AVAILABILITY
Fall 2020 workshop offerings will be scheduled based on the availability of the successful candidates. We plan to schedule at least two workshop series remotely on Zoom. Along with your expression of interest, please include the days/times that would be best for you (with a check mark or ‘X’) as well as the times you are not available (leave blank or “No”). Keep in mind that workshops are 2 hours in length and we run the series the same day, 2 weeks apart.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2020