The Access Tab allows you to control who may respond to your survey. There are six categories of respondent:
Access for people inside or outside the SFU community
- Everyone - Anyone can respond and there is no way to guarantee against duplicate submissions from the same person. Use to accept responses from non-SFU users
- Tokens - Custom URLs will be generated for every respondent allowing anonymous, verified submissions of non-SFU users
Access for people within the SFU community only
- Authenticated Only - Only people with an SFU computing ID and password may respond. This includes sponsored accounts.
- Category - Subsections of people with SFU Computing IDs
- Undergrad - Users with a role of Undergrad in the Student Information System
- Grad - Users with a role of Grad in the Student Information System
- Faculty - Users with a role of Faculty in the Human Resources system
- Staff - Users with a role of Staff in the Human Resources system
- External - External represents users with SFU Accounts that have a role of External, usually former staff or students
- Maillist - Allows access to all members of one or more mail lists. Compound maillists are not supported, which means that if a maillist includes other maillists as members, each of those nested lists must be entered individually to be given access. Courselists may include the wildcard "*" at the end, i.e., cmpt-2* will match any cmpt-2xx courselist.
- Computing ID - A list of sfu computing IDs, this is the part of the email address in front of the "@sfu.ca". This method is appropriate for 15 or fewer respondents, above that you should create a maillist and provide access to the maillist members.
- Administrators only - Only yourself and any users listed as an administrator on the Administrators Tab will have access to the survey. This is good for testing.
Setting Start and End Dates
WebSurvey allows you to set a Start and an End Date and Time for your survey. This is useful if you would like your survey to open at a specific time and close at a specific time without having to manually publish and unpublish the survey.
To set start and/or end times:
- In the Start Date and/or End Date fields, enter a date and time in the format: yyyy-mm-dd h:mm a/pm
- On the General Tab check the "Publish" box.
- Although the survey is "published" it will not be accessible before the Start Date or after the End Date
- Users attempting to access a survey before the Start Date will receive an error message that reads:
- This survey is not available until [yyyy-mm-dd h:mm a/pm]
- Users attempting to access a survey after the End Date will receive an error message that reads:
- This survey expired on [yyyy-mm-dd h:mm a/pm]