The General tab is where you set up the main descriptors and options for your survey:
- Survey Name - Give your survey a short descriptive name to identify its purpose to your users
- Description - A short description of what your survey is intended to accomplish. This will become the first title page of your survey.
- Completed Text - This text will be displayed after the user submits the survey and before being directed to the Completed URL.
- Completed URL - The address of a website where you would like your users directed upon completion of the survey.
- Survey Layout - There are currently two options for survey layouts:
- One Question Per Page - Each question will be displayed on its own page with previous and next buttons used to navigate between questions.
- All Questions on One Page - All questions will be displayed vertically on a single web page. Good for surveys of 10-15 questions or less.
- Show Question IDs: When checked the ID of the question will be displayed (Q1, Q2, etc.) Uncheck this for more of a feedback form style of survey.
- Publish - When this box is checked, the survey is available to be filled out. Unchecking this box suspends the survey but does not affect the data.
- Email Notification Address: If you would like to be notified when a submission is received, enter your email address in this space. You may enter multiple addresses, separated by commas. If no address is set, no notification will be sent.
- Limit Number of Responses to: Use this field to limit the total number of responses this survey will accept. Use this field for surveys that are acting as reservation forms for a size limited event. Once the limit number of submissions has been received, the survey will not allow allow access to new people.
- Response Limit Message: This is the message users will see displayed if they attempt to access a survey that has already reached it's response limit.