Desktop Client Setup
Many desktop clients support both IMAP and POP protocols, so it's best decide first which type would be best for your needs. This documentation provides instructions on how to set up Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail desktop clients.
Please note that IMAP/POP desktop clients are not officially supported by SFU, and that the SFU Connect web client is the only officially supported client. Additionally, as of March 2015, users wanting to access mail via the POP protocol will have to request that the protocol is enabled for their account.
Mail is included with OS X and can be found inside the Applications folder or on your dock. Mail supports IMAP and POP.
- Navigate to Applications, and double-click to open Mail.
- Select Preferences... from the Mail menu item.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Click on the plus sign (+) in the bottom left corner.
- Choose Other Mail Account..., then click Continue.
- Type your name, email address, and password in the fields provided.
- Fill in your account information as follows, then click Sign In:
- Email Address: (yourSFUEmailAddress)
- User Name: (yourSFUComputingID)
- Password: (your SFU Computing Password)
- Account Type: IMAP or POP
- Incoming Mail Server: connect.sfu.ca
- Outgoing Mail Server: mailgate.sfu.ca
- Choose what apps you would like to use with this account, then click Done.