The content on this website is no longer being updated.
As of August 2018, SFU Connect was replaced by SFU Mail as the University's email and calendar system. All pages on this website (www.sfu.ca/sfuconnect) will redirect to the SFU Mail website on March 1, 2019. For information about SFU Mail, visit www.sfu.ca/sfumail.
Subscribe to an External Calendar
You can set up SFU Connect add an .ics calendar feed from an external source, such as those from the SFU Events calendar. Note: If you are using links from the SFU Events calendar page, either link type will work.
1. In the Calendar tab, click on the settings icon, then select Add External Calendar.
2. Select Add External Calendar.
3. Select iCAL Subscription.
4. Input a iCAL Calendar link.
5. Give the calendar a name, a colour, then select Exclude This Calendar When Reporting Free/Busy Times. This will ensure that the imported events do not interfere with your availability in the SFU Connect system.
Click OK to create the new calendar. Events will then appear in the new calendar. Please note that subscribed calendars will be updated once daily.