In SFU Connect, it is possible to have more than one calendar. The reasons for having more than one calendar can include the following:
- Separating personal meetings/appointments from work-related ones.
- Separating calendar notes from meetings.
- You are subscribing to a calendar that exists outside of SFU Connect.
- You have access to a calendar shared to you by another SFU Connect account.
Each calendar can be colour coded, with meetings appearing in the corresponding colour for ease of reference.
You can also hide or unhide calendars by selecting/deselecting the checkboxes beside each calendar name from the calendar list.
Additional calendar settings can be made under the Preferences tab, and choosing 'Calendar' on the left side options.
All SFU Connect accounts have a default calendar labeled 'Calendar' on the left side of the Calendar interface. This is a special calendar in which new meetings will be placed by default.
You cannot change the name of this calendar, but you can edit other properties.
Using the default calendar for work-related scheduling is recommended.
Do not check on 'Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times'.
2. Click the settings icon then select New Calendar.
3. Enter a name for your new calendar. Note that the name must be unique to all folders and calendars in the SFU Connect account.
4. Choose a colour in which you would like your meetings to appear. Click More Colors for additional options.
5. If you do not want this calendar's meetings to block off busy times, check on 'Exclude this calendar, Exclude when reporting free/busy times'.
6. Click OK and the calendar should appear in the calendar listing on the left side.
2. Choose 'Edit Properties'. The 'Folder Properties' menu should appear.
3. If you have shared the calendar with one or more SFU Connect users, you can edit the permissions, revoke the share, or resend the share notification message.
4. If you have subscribed to a remote calendar, you cannot edit the URL. Simply create a new calendar with the new URL and delete the old calendar.
Calendars can be nested by dragging them into another calendar. Note that the default calendar (named "Calendar") cannot be nested under any other calendar.
To place a nested calendar back into the top level, click, drag and release it on the "Calendars" header.