There are a variety of advanced features within SFU Connect that will help you manage your messages more efficiently. Learn how to organize your tasks, set up alerts and search for messages. Click on a page on the right for more details and step-by-step instructions.
2. Fill out the Subject and other details.
3. You can select to add a reminder.
4. Click Save in the upper left hand corner of the screen to finish.
2. Type in your UserName@sfu.ca so that the reminder can be sent to your inbox. Note that only one email address can be used in this field. The email address in this field affects both tasks and appointments.
3. Click Save
4. Within the task, check the email box next to your UserName@sfu.ca
5. Click Save.
To set up an SMS reminder:
1. Navigate to the Preferences module. Click on the Notifications tab on the left hand column.
2. Under the Notifications by SMS section, enter in your mobile information. Click Send Verification Code. Your mobile device will then receive an SMS with a verification code. Enter that code into the text field. If entered correctly, the Status will change to confirmed. You will now receive an SMS for task reminders.
3. You can now use this feature by creating a new task and checking the box beside SMS in the Reminder section.
2. On the left hand column, click Mail.
3. Scroll down to the Receiving Messages section. Beside the Arrival Notifications heading, check the 'Show a popup notification' box. Click the Save button near the top left of the page.
5. After saving your preferences and upon receiving an email, you will be prompted by your browser to enable or change your popup notification settings for that specific browser. This will only happen once for each new browser used to access your SFU Connect account. This notification may appear slightly different depending on the browser.
6. Once enabled, you will receive a message similar to the images below (depending on your browser) each time you receive a new email.