While cloud computing continues to evolve and mature, our next steps include:
- Continue with our strategy of Private Cloud Preferred.
- Require all cloud computing service agreements and contracts for SFU to be reviewed and approved by IT Services.
- Develop a policy for outsourcing information systems based on this strategy paper.
- Establish a contract review process for any cloud computing service.
- Use our internal cloud service capabilities to grow and develop our One I.S. priorities.
- Enhance our identity management system to support the expanding cloud environment.
- Continue to improve the security of our data and manage its access.
- Be open to adopting cloud services that deliver a true benefit to the University.
- Continue to observe and track the development and maturation of community, hybrid, and public cloud services.
- Continue to develop our Water Tower Building as a world class cloud computing data centre.
- Pursue opportunities to enhance and expand our community cloud service offerings.
Next section: Cloud Opportunity Evaluation Methodology