Audio Visual System Consultation
What IT Services offers
Initial consultation on design
· After completing our consultation request form (link), an IT Services employee will reach out to schedule an initial system consultation. During this introductory meeting we will learn your requirements and provide an outline of next steps, such as delivery, approval of design and communication of an approximate timeline according to needs.
Ongoing consultation throughout project
· Throughout the project, an IT Services team member will provide consultation and direction on the audio visual system being integrated into the space.
Make sure SFU standards are met
· A key benefit of IT Services involvement is assuring that all proper standards are met and align with the rigid standards we have set for the department. Furthermore, by following IT Services standards all installations will be in the best position for our staff to troubleshoot and provide quick resolution to problems.
Make sure the client is getting proper pricing
· Capitalizing on the vendor relationships, agreements and procurement experience we have in the audio visual industry we aim to ensure everyone in the SFU community is receiving the best pricing for equipment.
Commission of room, training of departmental IT staff
· Often overlooked, but an absolute key aspect of a successful AV room system installation is the final testing of the equipment and training for users. Our team will make sure this phase of the project is planned for and executed according to our standards, and all relevant staff is left feeling comfortable with their new space and technology
What IT Services doesn't offer
· While we are able to provide support and consultation throughout a project, IT Services will not be the main Project Manager for an entire installation. This must be arranged through Facilities Services or assumed by the requesting department.
· Since procurement needs to be processed according to each individual department account, IT Services can only provide guidance and cannot complete and sign off on audio-visual procurement.
Post installation warranty support
· Every equipment manufacturer and AV contractor will have a warranty on equipment and/or installation for a defined period of time. While IT Services is happy to help in diagnosing an issue within the warranty period, it will be the responsibility of the system owner to process warranties on equipment or installation.
Ongoing support through departmental IT staff (IT Services can assist them with troubleshooting)
· If ongoing support for audio visual systems is required, IT Services would be provide this service. Service Level Agreement details are available upon request, please submit a ticket to arrange an introductory discussion.
- Client opens an AV Consultation Request
- Assess client needs for the space
- Initial requirements gathering meeting
- Room layout
- Infrastructure (Facilities & Network Services)
- Technology requirements
- Design feedback
- Rough cost
- Initiate conversation/meeting with vendor
- Attend walk through with vendor
- Included in communications between client and vendor
- Commissioning & deficiency