- Increase or decrease capacity within seconds.
- Provision one or several virtual machines simultaneously.
- Eliminate wastage of reserved capacity by changing CPU, memory, disk and network on-demand on a running VM.
- Provides developers the tools to build highly available applications and protect them from common failure scenarios.
- Have complete control of your systems including full administrative access and the ability to interact with the systems as you would with any traditionally-hosted physical machines.
- Shut down or pause any system while retaining the data, and use the user portal to restart the same instance back to operation.
- Access server consoles and take point-in-time snapshots to confidently apply server changes.
- Deploy multiple operating systems
- Apply software packages to shape the platform that suits your business application needs.
- Define and configure memory, CPU and disk size that is optimal for your application and change configurations dynamically
- Tightly integrated and embedded in the SFU Data Centre allowing systems to leverage SFU’s high-bandwidth networking and advanced data protection.
- Provides a highly redundant and reliable environment that is in-line with the SFU Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
- Critical systems are geo-replicated to a satellite data centre providing backup against a major disaster.
- Systems are backed up daily and provide RTOs that are in-line with IT Services’ backup and restore retention policy and recovery objectives.
- Integrates with SFU Federated Authentication for secure web service access and subsequent system access.
- Keeps your workloads and data isolated and safe from external threats and other tenants.
- Complies with provincial and federal privacy laws.
SFU Cloud passes on to you the monetary benefits of running in-house infrastructure at scale in the most optimal matter, leveraging highly skilled IT professionals and disciplined hardware and software acquisition practices combined with favorable pricing available to educational institutions.