Printing Setup Workflow
IT Desktop Support has produced a detailed workflow guide covering the process for setting up a new printer, including client setup, creating print queues on the IT Services Windows print servers, and processes for receipt and cheque printers.
As a staff member, you have access to all printers connected to the SFU Print Servers.
Add a Printer From a Windows workstation:
- From Start menu: Control Panel: Printers and Faxes
- Click "Add a printer...". Click Next.
- Choose "A network printer...". Click Next.
- Choose "Find a printer in the directory". Click Next.
- All printers are labelled. Search for the name of the printer you want to install ("SC OPS01719 MFP" or "sc-2724-bw1", for example).
- Right-mouse click on the printer and select 'Connect'. Click finish.
- Codes are entered in the Printer Preferences. Remember to save your code for Account Tracking. (optional for some departments) Please contact your departmental assistant if you do not know your department's printing code.
Computer Lab Printing
Faculty members, and staff can print using any of the IT Services distributed computer labs at any campus.
Retrieve your print job from any one of the print release stations located across any campus. You will require cash funds in your printing account. Refer to FAQ for instructions on how to add funds to a printing account.