New features available in SFU Zoom!
Update to the latest version: 5.4.9
- Change Zoom display name new
- Change Zoom personal link new
- Password protect cloud recordings new
- Zoom-live-streaming requests (for public events) new
- For students - How to access Zoom lecture password new
Updated 18 March 2021
SFU Zoom is available at no cost to faculty, staff and students.
Zoom is a videoconferencing service that enables real-time collaboration between individuals and groups. Features include:
- video and/or audio meetings by computer or phone
- screen sharing with annotation
- virtual whiteboard and other collaboration tools
- integration with Outlook and Canvas
Who can use?
- Meetings < 300 participants
- Virtual activities that encourage interactions among participants
- Classes involving group discussions, e.g. tutorials
For collaborative meetings < 300 participants
Zoom Meeting is best suited for collaborative meetings, where all participants can share their screens and chat via video and audio.
Who can use?
- Faculty (upon request)
- Staff (upon request)
- Classes or events < 500 participants
- Large virtual activities with minimal interactions among participants
- Events involving panelists
- Classes that don't require interactions among students, e.g. lectures
For large classes or events with 300-500 participants
Zoom Webinar is best suited for large events or classes where the host and panelists prefer more control over the audience. It allows view-only attendees to minimize interuptions. Attendees can interact via Q&A, chat and polling.
Request for Zoom-live-streaming (for public events)