Concurrent live webcast allows remote viewers to watch your event and submit questions via a Q&A web form to the event coordinator's email address.
Record video of your event with high-end A/V equipment and dedicated technicians. Presentation content from projectors are also captured.
IT Services will archive video of your webcast or recording. Videos remain available for download or streaming for up to 1 year before being deleted. Video analytics are available on request.
Event Live Stream:
- This service is to provide a live stream of a Video Conference (e.g. Zoom or BlueJeans) Event in order to reach a wider audience.
- We will also provide you with a recorded version after the event.
Event Video Recording:
- This service is to provide a video recording of a Video Conference (e.g. Zoom or BlueJeans) call.
- The final video can be hosted by SFU or downloaded.
1 x AV technician
1 x Zoom Connection
Video and Audio Equipment Check.
Includes 30 Minute Setup time.
Standardized titling and SFU logo
A video recording/livestream of the event using a standardized template includes: 1 x Zoom Connection to Record and/or Livestream the event.
Available with approval ahead of time:
- Customized permissions for elective viewership based on SFU Computing ID
- Custom image for opening title
These apply to all standard services and additional features above.
- Up to 2 hours $150
- Up to 4 hours $300
- Up to 8 hours $600
Additional Charges & Fees
- Additional AV Technicians
- Custom post-production
- Engaging an external vendor (if required)
- Services outside the standard hours
- Late booking fee (within 10 working days notice) $100
- Cancellation Fee (Less than two business days before event 50% of the cost)
- Cancellation Fee (Less than one business days before event 100% of the cost)
Standard Service Hours
These hours include the 1 hour set-up and 30 minute tear down time required for every event.
9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday on Burnaby, Vancouver, and Surrey campuses.
Services are available outside of these hours upon request and availability.
Additional support will be provided by IT Support team
- Phone: 778-782-4828
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Request the Services
The followings are suggested to make a successful request:
- A notice of a minimum of 3 business days must be provided for an event to be considered
- Make sure your event is for internal SFU employee and partner viewing
- Your venue has access to power and hardwired Internet
All requests are managed by MECS in collaboration with IT Services. In the event of a late booking, a fee will be charged to the client of $100. In the case of the service being overbooked, an alternative solution of an external vendor will be arranged by IT Services.
Internal events refer to events to be viewed primarily by SFU faculty, staff, or students, or SFU partners (e.g. APSA or CUPE Local 3338). For SFU faculties and departments planning videos or campus-based webcasts aimed at external audiences, please contact please contact Meeting, Event and Conference Services (MECS)
To make a request, click here.