Synchronous teaching, and asynchronous teaching
I want to
Learn more about Zoom
Good for both synchronous and asynchronous teaching
Zoom, including Zoom Meeting, and Zoom Webinar, is available for both synchronous and asynchronous teaching.
- Video and/or audio meetings by computer or phone
- Record meetings
- Screen sharing with annotation
- Virtual whiteboard and other collaboration tools
- Integration with Outlook and Canvas
Zoom Meeting is recommended for
- Classes < 300 participants
- Classes that encourage interactions among students, where all students can share their screens and chat via video and audio, e.g. tutorials
Compare with Zoom Webinar, Blackboard Collaborate, Mediasite, and Canvas
How-to guides, and more...
Need help on how to use a tool, or request access to a technology? IT Services will be happy to help.
Wondering which tool is better for your teaching? Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE) is happy to help.