- Prospective Students
- Co-op Registration
- Research Awards and Competitions
- Advising and Support
- Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry
- Applied Combinatorics
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- History of Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Mathematics, Genomics & Prediction in Infection & Evolution - MAGPIE
- Mathematics and Data
- Mathematics of Communications
- Number Theory
- Operations Research
- Centre for Operations Research and Decision Sciences
- About Us
- Math Internal Resources
Math Alum Matt Wiens Wins the Undergraduate Dean’s Medal
Our Math alumnus Matt Wiens won the Undergraduate Dean's Medal for the Faculty of Science. This award is given to undergraduate students who academically rank in the top five percent of their faculty.
Congratulations, Matt! Here's what his nominators had to say:
"Matt is a fantastic student and his transcript speaks for itself [...] [He] was reading at the level of a researcher [and his] thesis is extremely well-written, and his oral presentation of it was nearly impeccable"
- Paul Tupper (Matt's Honours Supervisor)
"[Matt is] one of the strongest applied mathematics student I have met in recent years at SFU [...] His questions were not of clarifying type, they were going into deeper territory, suggesting that Matt has excellent critical thinking and analytical skills needed for research"
- Razvan Fetecau (Matt's Former Professor)
Check out some of Matt's accomplishments during his undergraduate degree here.