- Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry
- Applied Combinatorics
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- History of Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Mathematics, Genomics & Prediction in Infection & Evolution - MAGPIE
- Mathematics and Data
- Mathematics of Communications
- Number Theory
- Operations Research
- Centre for Operations Research and Decision Sciences
- News & Events
14th International Conference on Finite Fields and their Applications (Fq14)
The Fq14 conference took place June 3–7, 2019 at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. It attracted 112 participants from 22 countries, including 50 students and postdocs.
The Program Committee, chaired by Jim Davis, created a marvellous program of 5 invited and 80 contributed talks on theory, computation, and applications of finite fields.
Invited speakers Included:
- Antonia Bluher (National Security Agency, USA), “A structure theorem for finite fields”
- Pascale Charpin (INRIA, France), “Crooked and weakly crooked functions”
- Gretchen Matthews (Virginia Polytechnic & State University, USA), “AG codes and cryptography”
- Kai-Uwe Schmidt (Paderborn University, Germany), “Highly nonlinear functions” (pictured at left)
- Igor Shparlinski (University of New South Wales, Australia), “Exponential sums with sparse polynomials”.