- B.Sc., Biology (honours), Simon Fraser University
- M.Sc., Genetics, University of British Columbia
- Ph.D., Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, USA
Autophagy is an intracellular recycling process that promotes stress adaptation and cell survival. Our research program explores the contributions of autophagy to proteostasis, normal development, and cancer progression with a focus on breast and pancreatic cancers. We are also investigating the therapeutic potential of autophagy modulation in these cancers.
For more information visit our research lab website.
- Lebovitz CB, Robertson AG, Goya R, Jones SJ, Morin RD, Marra MA, Gorski SM. Cross-cancer profiling of molecular alterations within the human autophagy interaction network. Autophagy. 2015 Sep 2;11(9):1668-87.
- Chittaranjan S, Bortnik S, Dragowska V, Xu J, Abeysundra N, Leung A, Erro Go N, DeVorkin L, Weppler S, Gelmon K, Yapp D, Bally M, Gorski SM. Autophagy inhibition augments the anticancer effects of epirubicin treatment in anthracycline-sensitive and resistant triple negative breast cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. 2014 Jun 15;20(12):3159-73.
- DeVorkin L, Go NE, Hou YC, Moradian A, Morin GB, Gorski SM. The Drosophila effector caspase Dcp-1 regulates mitochondrial dynamics and autophagic flux via SesB. Journal of Cell Biology. 2014 May 26;205(4):477-492.