Contractors on Site
Things you need to know if you are a contractor.
All work is to be arranged in advance with Operations.
- Facilities Services Co-ordinator at 778.782.5004 or 778.782.7930
- Space Planning and Development at 778.782.5885
All contractors or maintenance personnel who are required to work in the building must wear an SFU-issued identification badge. The badge will have your name, company and date/s authorized to work, as well as the SFU department that hired you.
Be sure to hand it in when you have completed your work
Make arrangements with Operations for any work that needs to be done outside of operating hours or has special conditions.
SFU has a Fall Protection Program and any work at height requires that a Fall Protection Plan be submitted in advance to Operations for review.
Before You Leave
- Hand in your badge.
- Speak with the person who requested the work done and explain to them what was done.
- Fill out any logs or forms indicating the work required and done as appropriate.
- If necessary walk them through the process.
- Leave behind any manuals that came with the parts you have installed.