- Pay For Parking
- News + Updates
- Parking Info
- Rates, Refunds + Forms
- Alternative Transportation
- Contact Us
January 2023 Parking Updates
As we enter the Spring 2023 term, please be aware of traffic congestion and delays that may impact you. The following information is to help you navigate anticipated high traffic volumes during the first few weeks of classes on the Burnaby campus.
First Weeks of Classes
We are expecting there to be a high level of parking and traffic congestion during the first few weeks of classes. ‘Lot full’ scenarios in the parking lots may be in effect as people settle into their new schedules. Please give yourself additional time to travel to/from campus.
Outdoor Permit Holders:
1. If you arrive after 9:30 a.m., North Lot may be full. It may be best to proceed directly to East Lot or South Lot.
2. If you arrive after 11:00 a.m., both North Lot and East Lot may be full. It may be best to proceed directly to South Lot.
Your Outdoor Permit is valid in all three of North, East and South Lots.
Indoor Permit Holders:
1. Please be aware that due to snow and ice impacts, the rooftop level of the West Parkade may occasionally be temporarily unavailable as deemed necessary for safety.
2. If you arrive after 9:30 a.m. and are wanting to park outdoors, North Lot may be full. It may be best to proceed directly to East Lot, South Lot, South Parkade or West Parkade.
3. If you arrive after 11:00 a.m., both North Lot and East Lot may be full. It may be best to proceed directly to South Lot, South Parkade or West Parkade.
If your preferred parking space is filled, please follow directions from Parking ambassadors to the next available parking.
Your Indoor Permit is valid in the South Parkade, West Parkade, North Lot, East Lot and South Lot.
Beginning 6 p.m. Wednesday, January 11, 2023, the main entranceway of the West Parkade will be closed (between the West Parkade and University Drive West). This closure is necessary to complete work for the Student Residence Phase 2 project.
During this time, please access the West Parkade from University Drive West and follow road detour signs to enter. Buses will run according to regularly scheduled routes and at usual pick-up and drop-off locations at Transportation Centre.
Parking availability should not be impacted. All parking levels will remain open during this road closure between the West Parkade and University Drive West. Access to the upper and lower levels will be rerouted through the parkade.
Please watch for signs, vehicles, and crews working in this area and follow the directions of all traffic control personnel. Allow yourself extra time to travel to campus during this time.
Work is expected to continue for two weeks with the main entrance reopening on Thursday January 26, 2023.
Click here for more information on traffic routing.
If you have any questions or would like more information around Parking, please contact Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.