- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Propective Students
- Current Students
- MSc Program
- PhD Program
- Physics Graduate Caucus
- News & Events
News by Year
- 2021 SFU Nobel Prize Lecture Series Features Dr. Andrei Frolov's Research
- Mike Hayden Part of Research Collaboration with World’s First Laser-cooling of Antimatter
- SFU Particle Physics Group Observes Vector Boson Fusion Higgs Production in its decays to W bosons for the first time together with the ATLAS collaboration!
- Events by Year
- Events By Category
- News by Year
The Department of Physics at Simon Fraser University invites applications for a temporary teaching position at the rank of Lecturer for a term from May 1, 2021 through April 30, 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to make a strong contribution to our undergraduate program in a variety of ways including coordinating undergraduate labs, teaching lecture and lab courses, training and mentoring teaching assistants, participating in outreach activities, and showing leadership in undergraduate physics education.
Workload for this position will be equivalent to primary instruction of 4 first-year undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses, with additional responsibilities including supporting primary instructors of large enrollment first-year lecture courses as a secondary instructor.
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A PhD in Physics;
- A strong commitment to and demonstrated talent for teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate level, with a minimum of two years’ experience as a physics instructor at the post-secondary level with duties including curriculum design and Teaching Assistant (TA) supervision;
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal abilities.
The ideal candidate will also have experience teaching in an on-line environment and working with Canvas and Zoom.
Applicants should apply electronically by sending a cover letter and CV, a statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and the names and email addresses of at least three individuals who will be able to comment on their teaching excellence to Barbara Frisken, Chair, Department of Physics, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2021.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
SFU is an equity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university.
Under the authority of the University Act personal information that is required by the University for academic appointment competitions will be collected. For further details see: http://www.sfu.ca/vpacademic/Faculty_Openings/Collection_Notice.html