The Physics Department hires teaching assistants each semester and occasionally hires sessional instructors. For further information, please check the following:
Temporary Laboratory Instructor
The Department of Physics at Simon Fraser University invites applications for a part-time, temporary position of Laboratory Instructor for a term from December 15, 2020 through April 15, 2021.
Workload for this position will be equivalent to primary instruction of one three-credit undergraduate lecture course. The successful candidate will develop course curriculum and provide support for primary instructors of PHYS 101, 102, and 121 in the Spring 2021 term, with duties including:
- Development and updating of all tutorial materials;
- Training, management, and supervision of course TAs;
- Miscellaneous service and course support duties as assigned by the Physics Department Chair,
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A Master’s degree in Physics or a related discipline (PhD is preferred);
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a physics instructor at the post-secondary level with duties including curriculum design and Teaching Assistant (TA) supervision;
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal abilities.
The ideal candidate will also have experience teaching in an on-line environment and working with Canvas and Zoom.
Applicants should apply electronically by sending a cover letter and CV, and the names and email addresses of at least three individuals who may be contacted for employment references to Barbara Frisken, Physics Department Chair, at email@example.com by November 6, 2020.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
SFU is an equity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university.
Under the authority of the University Act personal information that is required by the University for academic appointment competitions will be collected. For further details see: http://www.sfu.ca/vpacademic/Faculty_Openings/Collection_Notice.html