6A40.11 Apparent Depth on the Overhead Projector
Refraction, apparent depth
Placing a Plexiglas block on top of a mark on an overhead projector decreases the apparent depth of the mark.
-  Plexiglas block
-  Overhead transparency with a mark
-  Overhead projector
- Turn on the projector and put the transparency on it.
- Focus the projector.
- Put the block on top of the mark and refocus the projector.
- Slide a pen or pencil along the side of the block until it is in focus for the projector. This shows the apparent depth of the mark.
- PIRA 6A40.11
- Don't attempt this at home!
- The Plexiglas block comes from the blackboard optics kit.
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.